Skip to content

⚠️ Information and Updates Regarding COVID-19's Impact on the College of Agricultural Sciences

Requesting Vacation Time or Parental Leave

Requesting Vacation Time or Parental Leave

Graduate students at CSU are eligible for parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child, but you must arrange your leave as soon as you know that you will need to request it. Details on parental leave policies are here (


Your eligibility for vacation time depends on the type of employment that you have. If you are working as a student hourly employee, GRA, or GTA, you are not eligible for paid vacation time. Absences must be arranged for and approved ahead of time with your supervisor. Typically graduate students do not take more than two weeks off per year and they are expected to work over summer and winter breaks.

Contact CSU Equal Opportunity Privacy Statement Disclaimer

2018 Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 USA