Assistant Dean of Advising and Student Success, Soil and Crop Sciences Instructor
Addy moved to Fort Collins in 1997 after falling in love with the mountain lifestyle as a camp counselor the year before. Being close to the University inspired her to enroll in and complete her Master of Science degree in Soil and Crop Sciences. Who knew that this first-generation college grad would find herself so excited about soil health and student success! Her favorite ways to spend her time outside of work include gardening, biking, hiking, running, skiing and being with family and friends.
Addy loves the heartbeat of the University – the students! Her work includes teaching undergraduate intro and upper division courses in the Soil and Crop Sciences Department. Watch out, her love for manure and compost might rub off on you. Outside of the classroom her goal is to advocate for and support students throughout their university journey. As the Assistant Dean of Advising and Student Success she strives to eliminate barriers for students, improve students’ connection to their major and community and to stay curious about ways to improve every student’s educational experience.
Top Conversation Starters
- If you were a vegetable, what would you be?
- How do you fill your cup?
- How did you find CSU and the College of Ag?
Skills on a Scale From Zero to Awesome
- Making and Eating Guacamole 100% 100%
- Winning Family Plank Contests so I don’t have to empty the dishwasher 50% 50%
- Making time for a long-run with my trusty dog Louie. 50% 50%
- Navigating new places without an app 20% 20%