April 4–7, 2022
Fort Collins, CO
Colorado State University
Both new and experienced staff who work under a FIFRA Cooperative Agreement.
To provide basic information on pesticide program structure, coordination, communication, and current issues related to federal, state, tribal, and territory pesticide regulatory programs.
Information to be covered in this course includes:
- pesticide regulation and registration basics
- pesticide enforcement basics
- FIFRA Cooperative Agreement basics
- EPA’s structure and co-regulator relationships
Nomination and Participants
Nomination must be submitted electronically. It is best to prepare your justification for selection before starting your nomination application. To complete the nomination process, please refer to the nomination announcement.
Nominations for the Comprehensive Combo course open December 16, 2021 and close January 20, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. (Pacific Time). The PREP Team will make selections no later than February 3, 2022 based on how closely the nominees fit the target audience and why the training is essential to their job responsibilities.
Nominations have closed for this course.
- Kelly Friend, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Rory Ruffner, Montana Department of Agriculture
- Douglas Chan, Idaho State Department of Agriculture
- John Scott, Colorado Department of Agriculture
- Perry Cervantes, Texas Department of Agriculture
- Brenda Ball, Ak-Chin Indian Community
- Kimberly Pardue-Welch, EPA Region 8
- Yvette Hopkins, EPA Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention
Travel and Lodging Information
State, Territory, Tribal Participants
Lodging, flight, and ground transportation will be arranged and paid for by the PREP Team.
More information regarding travel and lodging will be shared via email after accepted participants complete the course registration form. Please pay close attention to your email, including your junk/spam folders for this information. Your quick response to these emails is vital to ensuring you receive your preferred travel arrangements.
EPA Participants are responsible for reserving their own flights and ground transportation. Please plan to arrive on Sunday, April 3rd and depart on Friday, April 8th. The PREP team has reserved hotel rooms for EPA participants, however, EPA participants are responsible for paying for their own room prior to the start of the course. EPA participants must also pay a registration fee of $200.
More information regarding travel, lodging, and the registration fee will be shared via email after accepted participants complete the course registration form. Please pay close attention to your email, including your junk/spam folders for this information. Your quick response to these emails is vital to ensuring you receive your preferred travel arrangements.