Skip to content

⚠️ Information and Updates Regarding COVID-19's Impact on the College of Agricultural Sciences

Worker’s Compensation

Worker’s Compensation


In cases of job-related injury/disease, graduate students are eligible for worker’s compensation.  Employees are required to obtain needed medical attention from specific care providers. Details are available here (


Employees normally do not pay for ambulance costs, physician’s fees or prescribed therapies, prescriptions, laboratory tests and prostheses required as a result of job-related injury or compensable illness. The employee should inform the hospital, clinic, physician, or pharmacy that a Workers’ Compensation claim has been filed or will be filed and that the bills should be paid by the insurance carrier. Bills received by the injured person should be given immediately to the department office person responsible for Worker’s Compensation claims for forwarding to Environmental Health Services for processing. The Worker’s Compensation insurance carrier will not pay medical fees charged by an unauthorized provider.


Report the injury as soon as possible to your supervisor and fill out a Worker’s Compensation Injury Report form obtainable from the department office person responsible for Worker’s Compensation claims. The completed form is required to arrive at Environmental Health Services no later than 4 days after the injury.  This form needs to be submitted to the Agricultural Biology Office Staff for processing.

Contact CSU Equal Opportunity Privacy Statement Disclaimer

2018 Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 USA