The Organic Agriculture Interdisciplinary minor allows students to study holistic methods for food production that promote and enhance agro-ecosystem health, including biodiversity, biological cycles, and soil biological activity. The focus of this program is on the science of organic agriculture with additional courses specifically focused on organic agriculture production techniques, business management, marketing, and decision making. Experiential learning is a critical part of this field of study and found in many levels in discussions, laboratories, and, most importantly, internship experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Skills and knowledge to solve problems in precision agriculture and biotechnology
- How to utilize advanced information technology to drive decision making in crop production, soil and environmental management, and to develop new technologies
- Gain a deep understanding of the diversity of agriculture around the world, and graduate with the knowledge and skills to address global food production challenges
- Understand new technologies that enable unprecedented abilities to develop varieties of crops that are more nutritious, resilient to climate change and disease resistant to enable sustainable agriculture
- Functions of soil organisms and their interactions with each other and the soil physical and chemical environment
- Techniques to help restore our soils and prevent further degradation
Where You’ll Find Us
CSU Horticulture Center
A center for teaching, research and extension for horticulture and landscape programs.
Our Agricultural Sciences Programs will return to the Nutrien Building when it opens the spring of 2022.
Agricultural Research & Development Center
Work directly with crops and livestock at this research and teaching complex — one of nine around the state.
- Alternative Agriculture
- Environmental Science
- Natural Resources
- Soil and Crop Management
- Environmental or Crop Consulting
- Government Agencies and Non-Profits Organizations
- Organic Food Production
- State and National Park Services Seed, Chemical, or Fertilizer Companies