Soil and Crop Sciences – International Soil and Crop Sciences
Do You Want to Develop the Science, Practices, and Technology to Feed the World While Minimizing the Environmental Impact of Agriculture?
The International Soil and Crops Sciences concentration partners sociology, anthropology, and political science with soil and crop science coursework to gain a deep understanding of agriculture around the world and address global food production challenges.Many of the most exciting opportunities to improve agriculture are spread around the globe. International corporations are seeking graduates with global agricultural literacy.
Students in this concentration gain a deep understanding of the diversity of agriculture around the world, and graduate with the knowledge and skills to address global food production challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Skills and knowledge to solve problems in precision agriculture and biotechnology
- How to utilize advanced information technology to drive decision making in crop production, soil and environmental management, and to develop new technologies
- Gain a deep understanding of the diversity of agriculture around the world, and graduate with the knowledge and skills to address global food production challenges
- Understand new technologies that enable unprecedented abilities to develop varieties of crops that are more nutritious, resilient to climate change and disease resistant to enable sustainable agriculture
- Functions of soil organisms and their interactions with each other and the soil physical and chemical environment
- Techniques to help restore our soils and prevent further degradation
Where You’ll Find Us
- Environmental Science
- Soil and Crop Management
- Environmental or Crop Consulting
- Government Agencies and Non-Profits Organizations
- State and National Park Services Seed, Chemical, or Fertilizer Companies