Do You Want to Improve the Welfare of Horses and Understand their Functions and Role in Society?
Equine Science majors have the opportunity to develop a broad understanding of horses in the business, recreational, and production aspects of the horse industry. Currently, CSU has the most-comprehensive equine program in the United States with major efforts in research, teaching, and public service. In the major, you’ll take foundation courses in the areas of equine reproduction, genetics, and nutrition and disease management, as well as over 20 hands-on courses that cover all aspects of the industry.
The Equine Science program has students working with faculty that are recognized internationally for pioneering research in equine reproduction, lameness, nutrition and orthopedics.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Describe the role of horses in our global society
- Broad-based understanding of biological principles and develop the ability to incorporate the use of these principles into the horse industry
- Identify business/economic principles and their application to equine enterprises
- Critically evaluate equine industry issues
- Apply problem-solving and leadership skills that enhance professional success
Where You’ll Find Us
- Animal Biology
- Disease Management
- Horse Training and Management
- Breed Organizations
- Enrollment in Graduate and Professional Schools
- Equine Production Systems Management
- Extension Agents / Community Education
- Planning / Organizing Equine Events
- Sales Representatives for Equine Sales