HLA Seminar, HORT 792
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Topic: Photoperiod Determination of Several Plant Select Perennials
Speaker: Rebekah Savage, HLA Graduate Student
Please contact Dr. Jessica Prenni with questions about this seminar series.
Tuesday, September 14, 2021 - Dr. Eduardo Gutierrez-Rodriguez, Assistant Professor, Produce Safety. Topic: Microbial Safety of Fruit and Vegetable Irrigation water: Research and Farmer Implications.
Tuesday, September 7, 2021 - Dr. Davina Rhodes, HLA Assistant Professor, Nutritional Genomics - Topic: From Seed Bank to Staple Food: Pipeline for Cereal Biofortification.
Tuesday, August 31, 2021 - Dr. Sastry Jayanty, HLA Associate Professor & Extension Specialist, Postharvest Physiology - Topic: Dynamic Postharvest Research and Extension Program: Synergistic Activities and Opportunities
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 - Janina Bowen, HLA Graduate Student - Understanding the Phytochemistry of High-CBD Hemp: Impacts of Pollen Exclusion and Defoliating Injury
- Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - Samhitha Tippa-Reddy, HLA Graduate Student - Selection and Evaluation of Salt Grass Lines for Use as Turfgrass
- Tuesday, April 20 - Tom Hickey, HLA Graduate Student, Proposal Seminar - Specialty crop and native pollinator growth under photovoltaic modules of varying transparency at-grade and in green roof systems.
- Thursday, April 8 - Harley Combs, HLA Graduate Student, Colorado State University - The Effects of Supplemental Light Penetration on Vertical Gardens
- Tuesday, April 6,2021 - Salah Abdelsalam, HLA Graduate Student, CSU - Developing Nitrogen and Potassium Best Management Practices for Improved Potato Production
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 – Sam Monohan, HLA Graduate Student, CSU – Impact of Soil Sterilization and Microbial History on drought Tolerance of Tomatoes
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021- Lauryn Schriner, HLA Graduate Student, CSU - Plant Select Research on Propagation Techniques and Plant Growth Regulators on Several Perennials
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - Lauren Waters and Clara Cruet-Burgos, HLA Graduate Students, Colorado State University, Proposal Seminars - Improvements to Supplemental Lighting Secondary Optics to Promote Growth Uniformity for the Production of Leafy Greens in Vertical Aeroponic Systems, and Development of Molecular Breeding Resources for Increased Grain Pro-Vitamin A Carotenoids in Sorghum
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021 - Andrew Alfred, HLA Graduate Student (proposal seminar) - Colorado State University - Manipulation of Light Intensity to Alleviate Stress and Maximize Photosynthesis during Transfer from Propagation to Production Environment of Two Resin-type Cannabis Cultivars
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021 - Dr. Sarah Johnson, Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University - Nutritional Benefits and Consumer Acceptance
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - Dr. Josh Sbicca, Sociology, Colorado State University - Food Justice, Gentrification, and Urban Agriculture
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021 - Dr. Kurt Barth, Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University - The Next Generation PhotoVoltaic Center at CSU
- February 2, 2021 - Harmonie Bettenhausen, HLA Graduate Student, Colorado State University - Metabolite Variation in Poaceae and Association to Flavor of Processed Foods
- January 26, 2021 - Dr. Jessica Davis, Department Head, Horticulture and Landscape Architecture - State of the Department Part 1 and Part 2
- December 8, 2020 - Sheila Prentice, HLA Graduate Student, Colorado State University - Southwest Colorado Farm Assessment with CSU Extension
- December 1, 2020 - David Sterle, HLA Graduate Student, Colorado State University - Predicting Peach Cold Hardiness in Western Colorado
- November 17, 2020 - David McKinney, HLA Graduate Student, Colorado State University - Characterizing Acclimation of Pansy and Petunia to CO2 Enrichment for Controlled Environment Production
- November 10, 2020 - Sean Markovic, HLA Graduate Student, Colorado State University - Phytohormone effect on Pterocephalus depressus and its movement and accumulation within the plant.
- November 3, 2020 - Larry Kramer AND Antoinette Machado, HLA Graduate Students - Genomic and Metabolomic Structure of Tropane Alkaloid Biosynthesis in Hyoscyamusniger (blackhenbane) AND "Stop the Rot" Combating Onion Bacterial Diseases with Pathogenetic Tools and Enhanced Management Strategies
- October 27, 2020 - Dr. Colin Khoury, International Center for Tropical Agriculture - If We Are What we Eat, Then Where Are We From?
- October 20, 2020 - Sam Monohon and Katie Fromuth, HLA Graduate Students, Colorado State University - Impact of Soil Sterilization and Microbial History on Drought Tolerance of Tomatoes and Characterizing the Impact of Packaging Type on Beer Stability
- October 13, 2020 - Tyler Mason, HLA Graduate Student, Colorado State University - Evaluating Yield & Quality Characteristics for Vegetable Species Grown Under Organic Management.
- October 6, 2020 - Greg Hess, HLA Graduate Student, Colorado State University - PVY Resistance in Colorado Potato Germplasm
- September 29, 2020 - Dr. Pankaj Trivedi, Agricultural Biology, Colorado State University - Harnessing Phytobiomes to Fight Citrus Greening Disease
- September 22, 2020 - Dr. David Rojas-Rueda, Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences, Colorado State University - Urban Green Space and Human Health
- September 15, 2020 - Jocelyn Hittle (CSU System) and Paula Mills (College of Agricultural Sciences) - Update on College of Ag Programs at the Spur campus at National Western Center
- September 8, 2020 - Dr. Robby Layton, Principal Emeritus - Assessing the Potential Health Benefit of Parks and Park Systems
- September 1, 2020 - Dr. Jen Bousselot, HLA Faculty - Green Roof Research and Outreach
- August 25, 2020 - Dr. Yaling Quin, HLA Faculty - Welcome to All HLA Graduate Students
- May 5, 2020: Mike DiLegge, Horticulture and Landscape Architecture Graduate Student, Colorado State University - Elucidating Rhizobacterial Response to Disruption and Crop Introduction Within Three Distinct Agroecosystems
- April 28, 2020: Jeff Pieper, Horticulture and Landscape Architecture Graduate Student, Colorado State University - The Influence of Genotype on Peach Fruit Quality
- April 21, 2020: Dr. Patricia Bedinger, Biology, Colorado State University - Mate Choice in Wild Tomatoes: Reproductive Barriers Within and Between Species
- April 14, 2020: Hanan El Zabbati, HLA Graduate Student, Colorado State University - Influence of Orchard Factors on Apply Quality During Harvest and Post-Harvest
- April 7, 2020: Dr. Jane Stewart, Agricultural Biology, Colorado State University - Knowledge of the Biology and Epidemiology of the Cytospora Canker Pathogen to Inform Management Decisions
- March 31, 2020: Katie Nasiatka, HLA Graduate Student - The Application of Dart-MS to Discover Influence of Genetic and Environmental Factors Affecting Expression in Hops and Janina Bowen, HLA Graduate Student - Impact of Pollen Exclusion as a Management Practice for High CBD Hemp
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020: Anthony Percival - Dynamic Lighting Strategies for Optimized Seedling Production and Michael Guidi - Green Roof Ecology: Effects of Altered Flowering Plant Phenology on Pollinator Visitation Horticulture and Landscape Architecture Graduate Students
- Tuesday, March 4, 2020: Harley Combs - Supplemental Lighting Strategies for Hydroponic Systems and Rebekah Savage - Photoperiod Determination of Several Plant Select Perennials Horticulture and Landscape Architecture Graduate Students
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020: Dr. Jasmine Dillon, Animal Sciences, Colorado State University Lifecycle Analysis and Sustainability
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020: Brian Mitchell Organic Hemp in Agroecosystems and Maria Chavez Black Soldier Fly Larvae as an Amendment for Horticulture Crops Horticulture and Landscape Architecture Graduate Students
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020: Dr. Brian Krug, Greenhouse Technology Leader, Corteva Agriscience, Harnessing Horticulture to Advance an Agronomic Company
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020: Dr. Bill Bauerle, Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Controlled Environment Hydroponic Hops: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020: Dr. Jessica Davis, Horticulture and Landscape Architecture Department Head, State of the Department