- Irrigation Water Management
- Irrigation Scheduling
- Irrigation Systems
- Crop Water Requirements
- Field Hydrology
- Crop Modeling
Extension Water Quality Specialist
- Develop, demonstrate and evaluate nutrient, irrigation and pesticide best management practices (BMPs) for water quality protection in irrigated agriculture.
- Demonstration and evaluation of limited irrigation management in corn and sugar beets.
- Develop and maintain the Agricultural Water Conservation Clearinghouse – http://www.agwaterconservation.colostate.edu/.
- Demonstration and evaluation of conservation tillage in furrow irrigated systems – http://www.conservationtillage.colostate.edu.
- Assessment of producer adoption of nutrient, irrigation and pesticide best management practices for water quality protection in irrigated agriculture.
- Develop and conduct outreach programs to help rural residents protect their private well water supplies – http://region8water.colostate.edu/drinking_water.shtml.
Environmental Physics and Micrometeorology
Soil Fertility/Soil Health Extension Specialist
- Macro- and micro-nutrient, heavy metal cycling
- Plant nutrient deficiencies and toxicities
- Land application of waste products – biochar, biosolids, manures, etc.
- Soil health quantification in degraded AgroEcosystems, overgrazed rangelands, mined-lands
Crop Production – Variety Testing
Director of Colorado Seed Programs
Soil, Water and Plant Testing Lab Manager