Agricultural Biology – Plant Pathology
Do You Want to Improve the Sustainability of Food Systems, Food Security, and Natural Resource Management?
Agricultural Biology students acquire firsthand experience working with world-class faculty learning how to help solve the most difficult problems we face today in food production and environmental conservation.
The Agricultural Biology degree program offers an opportunity to learn how ecosystems function and how to protect them. You will share this experience with a cohort of students who will become your teammates in strengthening the ecosystems that we all depend on for food, fiber, and ecosystem services.
Together, you will become prepared to identify applications and put in practice the knowledge gained to solve today’s biggest challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Solve problems related to plants, insects, and microbes in natural and managed ecosystems
- Understand social, economic, and biophysical aspects of the management of biological problems in natural and managed ecosystems
- Create solutions for pests and beneficial species in natural and managed ecosystems
Where You’ll Find Us
- Agricultural Biologist & Engineer
- Agricultural Science Research Technician
- Insect Molecular Biologist
- Research Agronomist
- Research Biologist
- Research Entomologist
- Research Plant Pathologist
- Social Science Specialist