Landscape Design and Contracting
Do You Want to Learn How to Design and Build Beautiful Landscapes for our Environment?
The Landscape Design and Contracting concentration is an academic program focusing on the profession, science and business of landscape design/build. The design/build process is typically delivered by one company providing a turnkey of design services followed by construction implementation and management of the built project. Our students are offered a multitude of classes and experiential based learning opportunities to prepare them for careers in this field.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Management and leadership skills necessary for a successful career in the green industry
- Technical competencies in their understanding of growth and development of horticultural plants and landscapes, including development as influenced by manipulation of horticulture technologies, such as fertility and water management, and integrated pest management for all aspects of landscape horticulture
- Skills to assess site issues, provide creative environmentally sound solutions and manage designed and built landscapes
- Analytical and problem-solving skills that allow identification of problems related to the management or production of horticultural crops and landscapes, as well as strategies to solve them
Where You’ll Find Us
CSU Horticulture Center
A center for teaching, research and extension for horticulture and landscape programs.
- Business Management
- Botanic Gardens Personnel
- Golf Course Superintendence
- Green Industry Account Management
- Irrigation Design and Water Resource Management
- Landscape Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Landscape Design and Construction
- Plant Propagation
- Retail and Wholesale Nursery and Garden Center Management
- Sports Turf Management