C105 Plant Sciences
Steven Fonte is an associate professor of agroecosystem ecology. He earned his Ph.D. in 2010 from the University of California, Davis with a focus in Agricultural Ecology. He also holds a M.Sc. degree in Forest Ecology from Oregon State University and a B.Sc. in Environmental and Resource Science from UC Davis. Dr. Fonte’s work takes an ecological approach towards understanding multiple functions and drivers within agroecosystems and then seeks to apply this knowledge towards the sustainable management of soils and farming systems worldwide. This work is done largely in collaboration with farmers and other stakeholders across a range of agricultural contexts.
– Soil ecology
– Ecosystem services and biodiversity in agricultural systems
– Soil fertility and resource-use efficiency
– Residue management and tillage impacts
– Interactions between soil biology, structure, and organic matter dynamics
– International agriculture and development
Please visit my website for additional information.
SOCR 421 Agroecosystem Management
SOCR 441 Soil Ecology