Environmental Horticulture Minor
Do You Want to Improve the Aesthetic and Functionality of our Environment?
The Environmental Horticulture minor serves to broaden the academic background of students to provide solutions necessary to achieve aesthetically pleasing, functional, and environmentally sound outdoor spaces. A minor will allow students a maximum breadth and depth in the fields of plant sciences or the art and science of environmental horticulture while utilizing a limited number of requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Management and leadership skills necessary for a successful career in the green industry
- Technical competencies in their understanding of growth and development of horticultural plants and landscapes, including development as influenced by manipulation of horticulture technologies, such as fertility and water management, and integrated pest management for all aspects of landscape horticulture
- Skills to assess site issues, provide creative environmentally sound solutions and manage designed and built landscapes
- Analytical and problem-solving skills that allow identification of problems related to the management or production of horticultural crops and landscapes, as well as strategies to solve them
Where You’ll Find Us
CSU Horticulture Center
A center for teaching, research and extension for horticulture and landscape programs.
- Business Management
- Botanic Gardens Personnel
- Golf Course Superintendence
- Green Industry Account Management
- Irrigation Design and Water Resource Management
- Landscape Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Landscape Design and Construction
- Plant Propagation
- Retail and Wholesale Nursery and Garden Center Management
- Sports Turf Management