Do You Want to Improve the Welfare of Animals, Nutrition and Food Safety?
Animal Science students acquire firsthand experience working with world-class faculty developing students into industry leaders who care about food safety and animal welfare.
The Animal Science degree program offers an opportunity to study food-producing animals through foundations courses in science and business. Students will work closely with industry professionals and animals in the field and in the lab, doing hands-on research and learning practical skills that you can use in the workforce.
Visit the CSU Course Catalog to learn more about coursework and requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Broad-based understanding of biological principles and develop the ability to incorporate the use of these principles into animal management systems
- An understanding of business/economic principles and their application to food animal production systems
- Ability to critically evaluate industry and management issues
- Problem-solving and leadership skills that enhance professional success
Where You’ll Find Us
- Animal Biology
- Food Safety
- Dairy Farms
- Feed Companies
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Livestock Service Organizations
- Breed Organizations
- Branded Beef Companies
- Cooperative Extension
- Enrollment in Graduate & Professional Schools