Agricultural Literacy Minor
Do You Want to Improve the Agricultural Literacy in our Schools and Cities?
The minor in Agricultural Literacy offers students an integrated set of courses in agricultural education, including an agricultural literacy internship. Students pursuing this minor should be passionate about content in animal sciences, plant sciences, food products and processing, or natural resources.
Students should have a desire to educate others in these disciplines. These experiences help round-out a student’s education for those interested in working in a broad range of fields where a background in agricultural literacy would be beneficial. Students in this minor gain valuable experiences for careers in industry, non-profit organizations, and a variety of other agricultural careers with an outreach component.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Significant knowledge, skills and dispositions in agriculture
- Ability to create instruction opportunities that are adapted to diverse learners
- Employment of innovative instructional methods and assessment techniques to promote learning in agriculture
- Effective program management and techniques in program evaluation
Where You’ll Find Us
COBANK Center for Agricultural Educaton
Get hands-on experience in laboratory, technology, and teaching spaces so you can successfully teach future generations about agriculture.
- Program Design
- Teacher Development
- Agribusiness Curriculum Development (school and organizational)
- Community Organizations
- Extension Programs
- Industry Trades
- Non-profit Organizations
- Program Development
- Teaching School Administration