Livestock Business Management Major
Use an interdisciplinary, systems approach to effectively manage livestock businesses for the benefit of humans and animals.
Livestock Business Management is an interdisciplinary bachelor of science program jointly administered by CSU’s Agricultural and Resource Economics and Animal Sciences departments. Students work closely with world-class faculty and industry professionals to gain a comprehensive understanding of agricultural business tools and practical livestock knowledge.
By explicitly integrating the business and animal sciences, the major offers students a unique educational experience that prepares them for in-demand, high-level positions within the animal agriculture industry.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Interdisciplinary understanding of the biological processes and management opportunities within livestock systems
- How to integrate the biophysical and financial dimensions of livestock management to make sound business decisions across a range of scales and resource bases
- Critical thinking skills to examine social justice ethics and managerial challenges in the context of a diverse agricultural workforce
- Practical skills in decision-making, communication and management
Where You’ll Find Us
Local and Global Businesses
Get real-world experience by stepping outside the classroom. Work together with businesses to solve current industry problems.
- Risk and financial analyst
- Supply chain manager
- Livestock operator
- Marketing associate
- Sales representative
- Accounts manager
- Extension agent
- Operations supervisor
- Ranch manager
- Customer service specialist
- Procurement officer
- Commodity analyst and merchandiser