Environmental and Natural Resource Economics – Online
Do You Want to Improve the Management and Sustainability of our Natural Resources and Environment?
The Major in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics prepares students to apply economic tools to evaluate the allocation and utilization of natural resources and the management of the natural environment. Economic analysis provides a strong basis to guide societal choices that directly and indirectly affect our environment. Economic theory provides a framework for understanding both environmental and natural resource issues, predicting the likely effects of government policies and regulations, and devising solutions to pressing economic and environmental problems.
This online program allows you to balance your academic studies with your personal obligations. As an online student you will still have opportunities to work closely with instructors and peers, as well as have access to many of the same resources as on-campus students.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Technical competency including appropriate use of economic theory in formulating analytical problems, identifying and gathering appropriate data, and employing appropriate economic methods to analyze those problems, utilizing appropriate available computer technology.
- Ability to solve real-world problems beyond the pedagogical context. Students will be able to identify a problem and its scope, evaluate resources available to address the problem, formulate alternative solutions, and select the solution(s) most consistent with a stated objective.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication including the ability to communicate critically and analytically at a professional level.
Where You’ll Find Us
- Natural Resources
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Conventional and Renewable Energy
- Environmental Pollution Analyst
- Environmental Researcher / Analyst
- Fish, Conservation, and Wildlife Biology
- Natural Resource Analyst
- Parks and Recreation
- Resource Policy Analyst