Do You Want to Improve the Nutritional Sustainability of our Food Systems and Food Security?
The Horticulture minor applies the scientific principles in the growing, marketing, processing, and utilizing of fruits, vegetables, flower and foliage plants, trees, shrubs, and turf grasses.
Students will be provided with frequent opportunities for gaining hands-on learning experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Technical competence that includes understanding plant growth and development as influenced by the manipulations of horticulture technologies such as greenhouse management, fertility management, integrated pest management, etc.
- Management and leadership skills that will allow them to become an entry-level supervisor in a specific business or research program.
- Problem solving skills such as identifying the significance of a problem, researching realistic solutions using current literature, and organizing the materials to develop appropriate recommendations and actions.
Where You’ll Find Us
CSU Horticulture Center
A center for teaching, research and extension for horticulture and landscape programs.
- Business Management
- Food Crops
- Extension Specialist
- Fruit and Vegetable Producer
- Greenhouse Production Specialist
- Horticultural Therapist
- Plant Breeder