Landscape Architecture Major
Do You Want to Improve the Natural Environment through Design and Sustainability?
The Landscape Architecture program’s purpose is to create, enhance, and sustain the built, natural and social environments. Landscape Architecture is a licensed professional discipline concerned with landscape design, environmental design and environmental planning.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Basic problem-solving skills and knowledge for comprehensive landscape design that include the following characteristics:
- Research of natural systems, cultural systems, users, and precedents
- Analysis of related site systems and users
- Synthesis, the articulation of formal responses to research and analysis of findings
- Technical competency in basic landscape architectural methods and communication, including organization of writing, project development, representation, and documentation
- Fundamental knowledge and skills appropriate to public and private entry-level landscape architecture including:
- Application of digital media
- Technology applications for analysis and design
- Landscape design
- Representation for analysis and design
Where You’ll Find Us
CSU Horticulture Center
A center for teaching, research and extension for horticulture and landscape programs.
- Business Management
- Design Consultant
- Historic Preservationist Parks and Recreation (local, state, or federal)
- Municipalities Construction
- Real Estate Development
- Resort Planner
- Urban Designer