Soil and Crop Sciences
Do You Want to Develop the Science, Practices, and Technology to Feed the World While Minimizing the Environmental Impact of Agriculture?
The Soil and Crop Sciences program provides hands-on training and expert instruction that will equip you to solve current global challenges in soil, plant, and environmental sciences.The demand for students with a fundamental understanding of soil and crop sciences combined with technical and data skills has never been greater.
Our graduates go on to exciting careers in industry, government, entrepreneurship, and academia, with 84% employed within 6 months of graduation. We offer six concentrations that enable each student to align their coursework with their specific interests.
Visit the CSU Course Catalog to learn more about coursework and requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Skills and knowledge to solve problems in precision agriculture and biotechnology
- How to utilize advanced information technology to drive decision making in crop production, soil and environmental management, and to develop new technologies
- Gain a deep understanding of the diversity of agriculture around the world, and graduate with the knowledge and skills to address global food production challenges
- Understand new technologies that enable unprecedented abilities to develop varieties of crops that are more nutritious, resilient to climate change and disease resistant to enable sustainable agriculture
- Functions of soil organisms and their interactions with each other and the soil physical and chemical environment
- Techniques to help restore our soils and prevent further degradation
Where You’ll Find Us
- Environmental Science
- Soil and Crop Management
- Environmental or Crop Consulting
- Government Agencies and Non-Profits Organizations
- State and National Park Services Seed, Chemical, or Fertilizer Companies