Doctor of Philosophy in Horticulture
The Doctor of Philosophy in Horticulture program develops a horticulture graduate student into a professional horticulturist on the highest plane. The Ph.D. is the highest earned degree offered by universities. It is only conferred for independent work of distinction in which the student displays original scholarship of marked ability and achievement. The Ph.D. program aims to:
- Provide an opportunity for advanced study and specialization in horticulture
- Assist the student in developing proficiency in independent scientific investigation
- Allow the student to rigorously acquire and develop new knowledge, technical skills, communication skills, and creative problem-solving capabilities that enable them to conduct advanced research in horticulture.
- The Ph.D. program requires that the student conducts an independent research investigation, reports the results in both a written dissertation and a peer reviewed publication, and defends the dissertation in a final oral exam, or defense.
Where You’ll Find Us
CSU Horticulture Center
A center for teaching, research and extension for horticulture and landscape programs.
- Business Management
- Food Crops
- Extension Specialist
- Fruit and Vegetable Producer
- Greenhouse Production Specialist
- Horticultural Therapist
- Plant Breeder