Soil Resources and Conservation Minor
Do You Want to Develop the Science, Practices, and Technology to Feed the World While Minimizing the Environmental Impact of Agriculture?
The Soil Resources and Conservation minor enables students to gain a fundamental understanding of soil science and management to equip them for exciting careers. This minor applies fundamental understanding of soil science and management, to gain knowledge and tools to help reverse soil erosion and degradation while sequestering carbon.
Visit the CSU Course Catalog to learn more about coursework and requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Skills and knowledge to solve problems in precision agriculture and biotechnology
- How to utilize advanced information technology to drive decision making in crop production, soil and environmental management, and to develop new technologies
- Gain a deep understanding of the diversity of agriculture around the world, and graduate with the knowledge and skills to address global food production challenges
- Understand new technologies that enable unprecedented abilities to develop varieties of crops that are more nutritious, resilient to climate change and disease resistant to enable sustainable agriculture
- Functions of soil organisms and their interactions with each other and the soil physical and chemical environment
- Techniques to help restore our soils and prevent further degradation
Where You’ll Find Us
Agricultural Research and Development Center
Work directly with crops and livestock at this research and teaching complex — one of nine around the state.
Nutrien Agricultural Sciences Building
CSU’s new home for Colorado agriculture, student aspirations and agricultural innovation for global impact.
- Environmental Science
- Natural Resources
- Soil and Crop Management
- Environmental or Crop Consulting
- Government Agencies and Non-Profits Organizations
- Soil Scientist
- State and National Park Services Seed, Chemical, or Fertilizer Companies
For more information, contact Chris Amerman, Academic Success Coordinator for the Soil and Crop Sciences Undergraduate Major.