Services and Supplies
As part of the user fee, PGF offers services and supplies to facilitate efficient and effective research.
Services We Offer
- Repair and maintenance of greenhouse & growth chamber equipment-shade, pad wall, exhaust fans, benches, etc.
- Manual closing of vents during high wind forecasts and subzero temperature
- Greenhouse, warehouse and growth chamber cleaning – sweeping, trash and compost removal, filter changes
- Annual deep cleaning of greenhouses-pressure washing, disinfecting, etc.
- Washing and UV sterilization of 1-gallon pots – users must bring dirty pots to dirty pot rack in warehouse
- Pest Management-biological and chemical
- Environmental control, set-point adjustments and seasonal photoperiod adjustment
- Autoclaving of materials in main PGF facility and non-transgenic material –
- Refilling and cleaning of south house footbaths
- Basic irrigation system set-up
- Greenhouse and growth chamber light bulb repair/replacements
Items are for current, fee-paying PGF facility users. Non-fee paying labs are welcome to purchase supplies for a fee.
- Promix potting mix (HP & BX)-use potting mix in white bins first
- Soil amendments (perlite, vermiculite, greensgrade-located in white bins)
- 2”, 3.5”, 4” square pots, 1 & 2 gallon round pots, 1” & 2” conetainers
- Humidity Domes (small & large)
- 1801 flats and inserts (webbed, with holes and no holes)
- Slow-release fertilizer (Osmocote)
- 200 ppm diluted fertilizer (15-5-15)
- White plant labels
- Nitrile Gloves, dust masks
- Bamboo stakes of various sizes
- Misc. tools (short-term use only)
- Hoses, watering wands and watering cans
- Dosatron fertigation
- Assorted specialized research equipment (scales, EC meter, etc)
- Carts & wagons (short term only, must be returned by the end of day)
Available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Material must be clearly labeled with lab, date & content.
- Drying Oven (25C)
- Mist benches (112a and 104 greenhouses-contact PGF for available location)
- Warehouse Storage (for long-term researchers only)
- Cold rooms (2.4C/2C)
- Soil & Plant Grinding rooms (103C & B)
Email Us at CAS_Greenhouse@mail.ColoState.Edu for details or requests. Fees may apply.
- Plant Propagation
- Conservatory Plant Lending
- Special Orders
- Weekend/holiday watering